19.7.09

i love libraries




the other day, i took shelter from the extreme summer heat in a newly restored, small town library and found this hans christian andersen book that was illustrated by children all over scandinavia and europe. it was so beautiful and inspiring. as if children's book illustrations weren't good enough, how about children's book illustrations drawn by children!

i love libraries. like really love libraries. i told doug that at some point in our lives, we should go on a road trip, taking pictures of every small town library we can find along the way.

5 comments:

  1. I love libraries too, so much. I keep applying to work at them. I want to do the "small book repairs" they mention in the job outlines. I think that's just 'cause I'm also obsessed with books and how they're made too though. And that road trip idea is such a good idea! I'm so going to steal it one day..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. that book is also amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. agh! natalie! i'm so glad you found my blog because now i know about yours.

    i think working at a library sounds like so much fun. i'm building up a relationship with the ladies at mine (sounds like i'm trying to date them) so that when i apply, they won't be able to turn me down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! maybe that's what I should do. But the thing is my local library is now mainly run by machines and so I don't get to chat to the people so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! This out of work librarian salutes you! Keep visiting, public libraries need all the support they can get.

    ReplyDelete